Brother’s most innovative, technologically advanced machine with
Designed with over 110 years of engineering genius, this is the machine
you’ve been waiting for.
- Industry-changing features
- Faster and quieter than previous machines
- Even more design capabilities - all without the use of a computer
- Brother’s largest workspace and embroidery area
Pre-order the NEW Top-of-the-Line Brother Sewing and Embroidery Machine between now and September 30th and receive the following package valued at $5,000!
Coming Soon to Grant House Sewing Machines
WE'RE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR A RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE WITH SEWING
We’re looking for:
• A creative person with a warm and outgoing personality to engage our
customers and inspire and guide their creative journey.
• Someone who walks through our store and can’t keep their fingers off
the fabric, loves color and design, and encourages our customers to make
• A quilter or sewer who loves to share their craft.
• Someone who practices kindness and supports, laughs with and encourages co-workers and customers to be their best.
• A person who appreciates the crazy quilt of cultures, backgrounds,
and perspectives that enliven our sewing world.
• Actively work to sell sewing machines, fabric, notions, accessories,
• Enthusiasm to meet and converse with new people
• Cultivate relationships to aid in future sales
• Answer phones
• Learn and operate the point of sales system
• Create inspiring displays of merchandise and samples
• Dynamic and outgoing personality
• Willing to learn
• Team Player
• Able to lift 35-45 pounds
• Strong commitment to customer service
• Basic knowledge of sewing machine operation and sewing
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
• Part Time
• Hourly wage plus commission
Special thanks to Ruby Street Quiltworks in Tumwater, WA for allowing us to use their very thoughtful description of the ideal candidates!
More about Justin...
I have enjoyed 29 years in the garment construction industry. I began in Berkeley, Ca. teaching myself the art. I attended UC Santa Barbara and moved on to earn a degree from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising (FIDM), Los Angeles. My areas of expertise include, but are not limited to: Pattern drafting, wedding dresses: Design and construction, general alterations, reconstructions, couture, formal dresses costuming and prop making.
I was born and raised in Berkeley, California and have lived in Southern California since 1989. I am the proud father of three and have been married for 21 years
In today’s culture, we spend far too much time contorting our bodies in order to meet the current standards of fashion. Fashion is far too fickle and unstable a thing to devote that many heartstrings to it. My philosophy is simply to make the clothes fit the people and not to make the people fit the clothes. Fashion is to be used as a means of expression and creativity, not a standard of life or a measure of weight. Always remember, this is supposed to be fun, not soul-crushing work. To be overly concerned about how a curve goes funny is very unattractive. It is very attractive, however, to see a person who is confident about the ‘unique exceptions’ of their body and strut their stuff as is. For example, a gap in the teeth will matter very little to those around the one who loves to laugh and smile. They will barely notice the imperfection because the joy is what radiates most. I try to emulate this attitude in all my designs.
Premier-Ultra for PC and TruEmbroidery for MAC!